1) Abide (Verb) – पालन करना
Meaning: accept or act in accordance with (a rule, decision, or recommendation).
Synonyms: comply with, obey, observe
Antonyms: flout, reject
Usage: “I said I would abide by their decision”
2) Litigation (Noun) – मुक़दमेबाज़ी
Meaning: the process of taking legal action.
Synonyms: legal proceeding(s), legal action, lawsuit
Usage: “the company wishes to avoid litigation
3) Expertise (Noun) – विशेषज्ञता
Meaning: expert skill or knowledge in a particular field.
Synonyms: skill, skilfulness, expertness
Usage: “technical expertise”
4) Redress (Verb) – ठीक या सही करना
Meaning: remedy or set right (an undesirable or unfair situation).
Synonyms: rectify, correct, put/set/make right
Antonyms: damage, destruction, hindrance
Usage: “the power to redress the grievances of our citizens”
5) Moot (Adjective) – विवादास्पद
Meaning: subject to debate, dispute, or uncertainty.
Synonyms: debatable, open to debate, open to discussion
Antonyms: accomplished, certain, hands-down
Usage: “whether the temperature rise was mainly due to the greenhouse effect was a moot point”
6) Salutary (Adjective) – हितकर
Meaning: with reference to something unwelcome or unpleasant) producing good effects; beneficial.
Synonyms: beneficial, good, good for one
Antonyms: unwelcome, irrelevant
Usage: “it failed to draw salutary lessons from Britain’s loss of its colonies”
7) Purge (Verb) – शुद्ध करना
Meaning:free someone or something from (an unwanted quality, condition, or feeling).
Synonyms: cleanse, clear, purify
Antonyms: dirtying, holding, keeping
Usage: “his hatred was purged”
8) Stout (Adjective) – मोटा या भारी
Meaning: rather fat or of heavy build.
Synonyms: fat, fattish, plump
Antonyms: thin, slender
Usage:”stout middle-aged men”
9) Buttress (Verb) – मजबूत बनाना
Meaning: increase the strength of or justification for; reinforce.
Synonyms: strengthen, reinforce, fortify
Antonyms: weaken, let down, undermine
Usage: “authority was buttressed by religious belief”
10) Bode (Verb) – भविष्यव्दाणी
Meaning: be a portent of a particular outcome.
Synonyms: portend, foretell, prophesy
Antonyms: discourage, disincline, inhibit
Usage: “their argument did not bode well for the future”
- CBSE 10th, 12th Result 2021 LIVE: Board Expected to Declare Class 12 Result Today, Class 10 Scores by Aug 1 at cbse.nic.in
- Indian Navy Group C Civilian Personnel Offline Form 2021
- 29th July 2021 Current Affairs in English
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: July Month– Day 29
- 29th July 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: July Month– Day 28
46 total views, 2 views today