1) Resumption (Noun) – पुनरारंभ
Meaning: the action of beginning something again after a pause or interruption.
Synonyms: restart, restarting, recommencement
Antonyms: suspension, abandonment
Usage: “with peace came the resumption of foreign imports”
2) Diligence (Noun) – लगन
Meaning: careful and persistent work or effort.
Synonyms: conscientiousness, assiduousness, assiduity
Antonyms: laziness, carelessness
Usage: “few party members challenge his diligence as an MP”
3) Mitigating (Verb) – न्यूनीकरण करना
Meaning: make (something bad) less severe, serious, or painful.
Synonyms: alleviate, reduce, diminish
Antonyms: aggravate, increase, intensify
Usage: “drainage schemes have helped to mitigate this problem”
4) Vulnerable (Adjective) – भेद्य
Meaning: exposed to the possibility of being attacked or harmed, either physically or emotionally.
Synonyms: in danger, in peril, in jeopardy
Antonyms: well protected, invulnerable, resilient
Usage: “we were in a vulnerable position”
5) Curtailment (Noun) – कटौती
Meaning: the action or fact of reducing or restricting something.
Synonyms: reduction, cut, cutback
Antonyms: increase, expansion
Usage: “the curtailment of human rights”
6) Modest (Adjective) – विनयपूर्ण
Meaning: unassuming in the estimation of one’s abilities or achievements.
Synonyms: self-effacing, self-deprecating
Antonyms: boastful, conceited
Usage: “he was a very modest man, refusing to take any credit for the enterprise”
7) Ethos (Noun) – लोकाचार
Meaning: the characteristic spirit of a culture, era, or community as manifested in its attitudes and aspirations.
Synonyms: spirit, character, atmosphere
Antonyms: abstract, exterior
Usage: “a challenge to the ethos of the 1960s”
8) Engulfed (Verb) – घिरा हुआ
Meaning: sweep over (something) so as to surround or cover it completely.
Synonyms: inundate, flood, deluge
Antonyms: unflooded, uninundated
Usage: “the cafe was engulfed in flames”
9) Thugs (Noun) – ठग या गुण्डा
Meaning: a violent person, especially a criminal.
Synonyms: ruffian, hoodlum, bully boy
Antonyms: law, police
Usage: “he was attacked by a gang of thugs”
10) Inevitable (Adjective) – अवश्यंभावी
Meaning: certain to happen; unavoidable.
Synonyms: unavoidable, inescapable
Antonyms: avoidable, uncertain
Usage: “war was inevitable”
- 23rd July 2021 Current Affairs in English
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: July Month– Day 23
- 23rd July 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- 21st & 22nd July 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 21st & 22nd July 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: July Month– Day 22
58 total views, 1 views today