1) Contentious (Adjective) – विवादास्पद
Meaning: causing or likely to cause an argument; controversial.
Synonyms: controversial, disputable, debatable
Usage: “a contentious issue”
2) Humane (Adjective) – मानवोचित
Meaning: having or showing compassion or benevolence.
Synonyms: compassionate, kind, kindly
Usage: “regulations ensuring the humane treatment of animals”
3) Tweak (Verb) – खींचना
Meaning: twist or pull (something) sharply.
Synonyms: pull sharply, twist, tug
Antonyms:fix, freeze, set
Usage: “he tweaked the boy’s ear”
4) Expedite (Verb) – शीघ्र कार्रवाई करना
Meaning: make (an action or process) happen sooner or be accomplished more quickly.
Synonyms: speed up, accelerate, hurry
Antonyms: delay, hinder
Usage: “he promised to expedite economic reforms”
5) Bonhomie (Noun) – खुशमिज़ाजी
Meaning: cheerful friendliness; geniality.
Synonyms: geniality, congeniality, conviviality
Usage: “he exuded good humour and bonhomie”
6) Blistering (Adjective) – फफोला पड़ना
Synonyms: intense, extreme, ferocious
Usage: “the blistering heat of the desert”
7) Herd (Verb) – रखना या देखभाल करना
Meaning: keep or look after
Synonyms: look after, take care of, keep
Usage: “they live by herding reindeer”
8) Caucuses (Noun) – सभा
Meaning: a conference of members of a legislative body who belong to a particular party or faction
Synonyms: meeting, assembly, gathering
Antonyms: agreement, conformity, entirety
Usage:”Hawaii holds its nominating caucuses next Tuesday”
9) Askance (Adverb) – संदेह से
Meaning: with an attitude or look of suspicion or disapproval.
Synonyms:suspiciously, with suspicion, sceptically
Antonyms: welcomingly, approvingly
Usage: “the reformers looked askance at the mystical tradition”
10) Ethos (Noun) – लोकाचार
Meaning: the characteristic spirit of a culture, era, or community as manifested in its attitudes and aspirations.
Synonyms: spirit, character, atmosphere
Antonyms: body, physicality
Usage: “a challenge to the ethos of the 1960s”
- 16th May 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 16th May 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- 14th and 15th May 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 14th and 15th May 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: May Month– Day 15
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: May Month– Day 14
24 total views, 1 views today