1) Mayhem (Noun) – हिंसक या अत्यधिक विकार
Meaning: violent or extreme disorder; chaos.
Synonyms: chaos, disorder, confusion
Antonyms: calm, harmony, order
Usage: “complete mayhem broke out”
2) Snuffed(Verb) – बुझाना
Meaning: extinguish (a candle or flame).
Synonyms: extinguish, put out, douse
Usage: “a breeze snuffed out the candle”
3) Staggering (Noun) – चौंका देने वाला
Meaning: astonish or deeply shock.
Synonyms: astonish, amaze, nonplus
Antonyms:unspectacular, bad, boring
Usage: “I was staggered to find it was six o’clock”
4) Inured (Verb) – आदि हो जाना
Meaning: accustom (someone) to something, especially something unpleasant.
Synonyms: harden, toughen, season
Usage: “these children have been inured to violence”
5) Probe (Noun) – तहक़ीक़ात
Meaning: a thorough investigation into a crime or other matter.
Synonyms: investigation, inquiry, examination
Antonyms: answer, ignore,misunderstand
Usage: “a probe into city hall corruption”
6) Reiterated (Verb) – बार बार दुहराना
Meaning: say something again or a number of times, typically for emphasis or clarity.
Synonyms: repeat, say again, restate
Antonyms: infrequent, occasional,rare
Usage: “she reiterated that the government would remain steadfast in its support”
7) Apathetic (Adjective) – उदासीन
Meaning: showing or feeling no interest, enthusiasm, or concern.
Synonyms: uninterested, indifferent, unconcerned
Antonyms: enthusiastic, eager, passionate
Usage: “an apathetic electorate”
8) Bereavement (Noun) – शोक
Meaning: the action or condition of being bereaved.
Synonyms: loss, deprivation, dispossession
Antonyms: comfort, happiness, health
Usage:”there is no right way to experience bereavement”
9) Liable (Adjective) – उत्तरदायी
Meaning: responsible by law; legally answerable.
Synonyms: responsible, legally responsible
Antonyms: exempt, unaccountable
Usage: “the credit-card company is liable for any breach of contract”
10) Baulked (Verb) – हिचकिचाना
Meaning: hesitate or be unwilling to accept an idea or undertaking.
Synonyms: eschew, resist, refuse to
Usage: “he balked at such a drastic solution”
- Daily Current Affairs in English 11 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 10
- 11 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- 10 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 9
- Daily Current Affairs in English 10 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams