1) Decelerating (Verb) – धीमा करना
Meaning: reduce or cause to reduce in speed.
Synonyms: slow down, slow up, slow
Usage: “the train began to decelerate”
2) Diminished (Verb) — कम करना
Meaning: make or become less.
Synonyms: decrease, decline, reduce
Antonyms: increase, flare up, get worse
Usage: “the new law is expected to diminish the government’s chances”
3) Plunged (Verb) – अचानक और अनियंत्रित रूप से गिरना
Meaning: fall suddenly and uncontrollably.
Synonyms: crash, plummet, pitch
Antonyms: rose, grew, improved
Usage: “a car swerved to avoid a bus and plunged into a ravine”
4) Slew (Noun) — निहत
Meaning: a large number or quantity of something.
Synonyms: abundance, barrel, basketful
Antonyms: ace, bit, dab
Usage: “he asked me a slew of questions”
5) Debilitating (Verb) – दुर्बल करना
Meaning: make (someone) very weak and infirm.
Synonyms: weakening, enfeebling, enervating
Usage: “he was severely debilitated by a stomach upset”
6) Engendering (Verb) – कारण पैदा करना
Meaning: cause or give rise to (a feeling, situation, or condition).
Synonyms: cause, be the cause of, give rise to
Antonyms: calming, destroying, discouraging
Usage: “the issue engendered continuing controversy”
7) Reprieve (Verb) — दण्डविराम
Meaning: cancel or postpone the punishment of (someone, especially someone condemned to death).
Synonyms: grant a stay of execution to
Antonyms: charge, punish
Usage: “under the new regime, prisoners under sentence of death were reprieved”
8) Espionage (Noun) — गुप्तचर्या
Meaning: the practice of spying or of using spies, typically by governments to obtain political and military information.
Synonyms: spying, undercover work
Antonyms: forthrightness, honesty
Usage: “the camouflage and secrecy of espionage”
9) Coerced (Verb) — मजबूर करना
Meaning: persuade (an unwilling person) to do something by using force or threats.
Synonyms: pressure, pressurize, bring pressure to bear on
Usage: “he was coerced into giving evidence”
10) Sham (Noun) – दिखावा
Meaning: a thing that is not what it is purported to be.
Synonyms: pretence, fake, act, fiction
Antonyms: the real McCoy, the genuine article
Usage: “our current free health service is a sham”
- Daily Computer Knowledge Quiz for all Competitive Exams
- Daily English Language Quiz for all Competitive Exams
- General Awareness Quiz for ECGC PO & Bank Mains Exams 2021
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: March Month– Day 1
- 27th & 28th Feb 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- 27th and 28th Feb 2021 Current Affairs in English