1) Tantamount (Adjective) –बराबर
Meaning: equivalent in seriousness to; virtually the same as.
Synonyms: equivalent to, equal to, amounting to
Antonyms: different, opposite, polar
Usage: “the resignations were tantamount to an admission of guilt”
2) Sectarian (Adjective)- साम्प्रदायिक
Meaning: rigidly following the doctrines of a sect or other group.
Synonyms: factional, schismatic, cliquish
Antonyms: tolerant, liberal, broad-minded
Usage: “the sectarian Bolshevism advocated by Moscow”
3) Apathy (Noun) — उदासीनता
Meaning: lack of interest, enthusiasm, or concern.
Synonyms: indifference, lack of interest, lack of enthusiasm
Antonyms: enthusiasm, interest, passion
Usage: “widespread apathy among students”
4) Fray (Verb) — प्रतिस्पर्धा
Meaning: show the effects of strain.
Synonyms: strain, tax, overtax, irritate
Antonyms: peace, accord, armistice
Usage: “as the temperature rose, tempers frayed”
5) Helm (Noun) — पतवार
Meaning: a position of leadership.
Synonyms: in charge, in command, in control
Antonyms: accept, adopt, back
Usage: “the chairman is to step down after four years at the helm”
6) Straits (Noun) –जलडमरूमध्य
Meaning: a situation that is confused and full of problems
Synonyms: difficulty, trouble, crisis
Antonyms: benefit, boon, ease
Usage: “the economy is in dire straits”
07) Erred (Verb) –ग़लती
Meaning: be mistaken or incorrect; make a mistake.
Synonyms: make a mistake, be wrong, be in error
Antonyms: be right, innocent, well behaved
Usage: “the judge had erred in ruling that the evidence was inadmissible”
08) Spurred (Verb) –किसी व्यक्ति को बढ़ावा देना
Meaning: give an incentive or encouragement to (someone).
Synonyms: stimulate, give the incentive to
Antonyms: calmed, checked, deadened
Usage: “her sons’ passion for computer games spurred her on to set up a software business”
09) Affluent (Adjective) —अमीर
Meaning: having a great deal of money; wealthy.
Synonyms: wealthy, rich, prosperous, opulent
Antonyms: poor, impoverished
Usage: “the affluent societies of the western world”
10) Impasse (Noun) —गतिरोध
Meaning: a situation in which no progress is possible, especially because of disagreement; a deadlock.
Synonyms: deadlock, dead end, stalemate
Antonyms: agreement, boon, breakthrough
Usage: “the current political impasse“
- Daily Current Affairs in English 11 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 10
- 11 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- 10 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 9
- Daily Current Affairs in English 10 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams