1) Unprecedented (Adjective) – अभूतपूर्व
Meaning: never done or known before.
Synonyms: unparalleled, unequalled, unmatched
Antonyms: normal, common
Usage: “the government took the unprecedented step of releasing confidential correspondence”
2) Scourge (Noun) – एक व्यक्ति या बात जो बहुत परेशानी या पीड़ा का कारण बनती है
Meaning: a person or thing that causes great trouble or suffering.
Synonyms: affliction, bane, curse
Antonyms: blessing, godsend
Usage: “the scourge of mass unemployment”
3) Bout (Noun) – एक छोटी अवधि
Meaning: a short period of intense activity of a specified kind.
Synonyms: spell, period, time
Antonyms: stagnation, inaction, idleness
Usage: “occasional bouts of strenuous exercise”
4) Trauma (Noun) – अभिघात
Meaning: physical injury.
Synonyms: injury, damage, hurt
Usage: “rupture of the diaphragm caused by blunt trauma”
5) Deplorable (Adjective) – शर्मनाक
Meaning: deserving strong condemnation; completely unacceptable.
Synonyms: disgraceful, shameful, dishonourable
Usage: “children living in deplorable conditions”
6) Onus (Noun) – दायित्व
Meaning: something that is one’s duty or responsibility.
Synonyms: burden, responsibility, liability
Antonyms: advantage, aid, benefit
Usage: “the onus is on you to show that you have suffered loss”
7) Efficacy (Noun) – प्रभावोत्पादकता
Meaning: the ability to produce a desired or intended result.
Synonyms: effectiveness, success
Usage: “there is little information on the efficacy of this treatment”
8) Shuddering (Verb) – सिहरन
Meaning: tremble convulsively, typically as a result of fear or revulsion.
Synonyms: shake, shiver, tremble
Antonyms: stable, steady, calm
Usage: “she still shuddered at the thought of him”
9) Ramifications (Noun) – असर
Meaning: a complex or unwelcome consequence of an action or event.
Synonyms: consequence, result, aftermath
Antonyms: incapability, ineffectiveness, impotence
Usage: “any change is bound to have legal ramifications”
10) Encompass (Noun) – चारों ओर से घेरना
Meaning: surround and have or hold within.
Synonyms: surround, enclose, ring
Antonyms: exclude, omit, leave out
Usage: “this area of London encompasses Piccadilly to the north and St James’s Park to the south”
- 17 Sep 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 17
- 17 Sep 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 16th Sep 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 16
- 16th Sep 2021 Current Affairs in English
87 total views, 1 views today