1) Clamouring (Verb) – जोर से चिल्लाना
Meaning: shout loudly and insistently.
Synonyms: yell, shout loudly, bay
Antonyms: acceptance, approval, calm
Usage: “the surging crowds clamoured for attention”
2) Palliatives (Noun) – उपशामक
Meaning: a palliative medicine, measure, etc.
Synonyms: painkiller, analgesic, pain reliever
Usage: “antibiotics and other palliatives”
3) Proactive (Adjective) – सक्रिय
Meaning: creating or controlling a situation rather than just responding to it after it has happened.
Synonyms: enterprising, take-charge, energetic
Antonyms: reactive, responsive
Usage: “employers must take a proactive approach to equal pay”
4) Laudable (Adjective) – प्रशंसनीय
Meaning: deserving praise and commendation.
Synonyms: praiseworthy, commendable, admirable
Antonyms: blameworthy, shameful
Usage: “laudable though the aim might be, the results have been criticized”
5) Spurring (Verb) – प्रोत्साहित करना
Meaning: give an incentive or encouragement to (someone).
Synonyms: encourage, prompt, propel
Antonyms: counterincentive, disincentive, block
Usage: “her sons’ passion for computer games spurred her on to set up a software business”
6) Trifle (Noun) – कम मूल्य या महत्व की चीज
Meaning: a thing of little value or importance.
Synonyms: inessential, nothing, technicality
Antonyms: essential, rudiment
Usage: “we needn’t trouble the headmaster over such trifles”
7) Whopping (Adjective) – विशाल
Meaning: very large.
Synonyms: huge, massive, enormous
Antonyms: microminiature, microscopic
Usage: “a whopping £74 million loss”
8) Turmoil (Noun) – उथल-पुथल
Meaning: a state of great disturbance, confusion, or uncertainty.
Synonyms: confusion, upheaval(s), turbulence
Antonyms: calm, peace
Usage: “the country was in turmoil”
9) Rebuffed (Verb) – अस्वीकार कर देना
Meaning: reject (someone or something) in an abrupt or ungracious manner.
Synonyms: reject, turn down, spurn
Antonyms: accept, welcome
Usage: “I asked her to be my wife, and was rebuffed in no uncertain terms”
10) Contemplated (Verb) – विचार करना
Meaning: look thoughtfully for a long time at.
Synonyms: look at, view, regard
Antonyms: rejected, rebuffed, shunned
Usage: “he contemplated his image in the mirrors”
- Daily Current Affairs in English 11 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 10
- 11 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- 10 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 9
- Daily Current Affairs in English 10 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams