1) Wane (Verb) – घट जाना, कम हो जाना
Meaning: have a progressively smaller part of its visible surface illuminated, so that it appears to decrease in size.
Synonyms: disappear, decrease, diminish
Usage: “confidence in the dollar waned”
2) Squandered (Verb) – गंवाना
Meaning: waste (something, especially money or time) in a reckless and foolish manner.
Synonyms: waste, misspend, misuse
Antonyms: manage, make good use of, save
Usage: “£100m of taxpayers’ money has been squandered on administering the tax”
3) Impending (Verb) – होने वाला
Meaning: be about to happen.
Synonyms: imminent, at hand, close
Antonyms: late, recent, distant
Usage: “my impending departure”
4) Unravelling (Verb) – उजागर करने
Meaning: investigate and solve or explain (something complicated or puzzling).
Synonyms: solve, resolve, work out
Usage: “they were attempting to unravel the cause of death”
5) Salvage (Verb) – उबार
Meaning: rescue (a wrecked or disabled ship or its cargo) from loss at sea.
Synonyms: rescue, save, recover
Antonyms: abandon, endanger, forfeit
Usage: “an emerald and gold cross was salvaged from the wreck”
6) Luring (Verb) – लुभाना
Meaning: tempt (a person or animal) to do something or to go somewhere, especially by offering some form of reward.
Synonyms: tempt, entice, attract
Antonyms: deter, put off
Usage: “the child was lured into a car but managed to escape”
7) Dubious (Adjective) – संदिग्ध
Meaning: hesitating or doubting.
Synonyms: doubtful, uncertain, unsure
Antonyms: certain, definite
Usage: “I was rather dubious about the whole idea”
8) Usurping (Verb) – हड़पना
Meaning: take (a position of power or importance) illegally or by force.
Synonyms: seize, take over, expropriate
Usage: “Richard usurped the throne”
9) Restraint (Noun) – आत्म-नियंत्रण, आत्म-संयम
Meaning: unemotional, dispassionate, or moderate behaviour; self-control.
Synonyms: self-control, self-restraint, self-discipline
Antonyms: abandon, forwardness, outspokenness
Usage: “he urged the protestors to exercise restraint”
10) Truncated (Verb) – छंटनी की गई
Meaning: shorten (something) by cutting off the top or the end.
Synonyms: shorten, cut, cut short
Antonyms: lengthen, extend
Usage: “a truncated cone shape”
- Daily Current Affairs in English 11 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 10
- 11 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- 10 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 9
- Daily Current Affairs in English 10 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams