1) Maladies (Noun) – एक लाइलाज खराबी
Meaning: a disease or ailment.
Synonyms: illness, sickness, ailment
Antonyms: health, wellness, comfort
Usage: “an incurable malady”
2) Detrimental (Adjective) – हानिकारक
Meaning: tending to cause harm.
Synonyms: harmful, damaging, injurious
Usage: “recent policies have been detrimental to the interests of many old people”
3) Affliction (Noun) – यातना
Meaning: a cause of pain or harm.
Synonyms: disorder, disease, malady
Antonyms:advantage, aid, calm
Usage: “a crippling affliction of the nervous system”
4) Nonchalance (Noun) – शांत, शीतलता
Meaning: the state of being nonchalant.
Synonyms: calmness, coolness, insouciance
Antonyms: anxiety, concern
Usage: “an air of nonchalance”
5) Stiffer (Adjective) – कठोर या दृढ़
Meaning: not easily bent or changed in shape; rigid.
Synonyms: rigid, hard, firm
Antonyms: flexible, plastic, limp
Usage: “a stiff black collar”
6) Looming (Verb) – मंडरा रहा है
Meaning: (of an event regarded as threatening) seem about to happen.
Synonyms: be imminent, be on the horizon, impend
Antonyms: distant, later, remote
Usage: “there is a crisis looming”
7) Alleviate (Verb) – कम गंभीर बनाना
Meaning: make (suffering, deficiency, or a problem) less severe.
Synonyms: reduce, ease, relieve
Usage: “he couldn’t prevent her pain, only alleviate it”
8) Exhorted (Verb) – आग्रह करना , प्रोत्साहित करना
Meaning: strongly encourage or urge (someone) to do something.
Synonyms: urge, encourage, call on
Usage:”I exhorted her to be a good child”
9)Semblance (Noun) – दिखावा
Meaning: the outward appearance or apparent form of something, especially when the reality is different.
Synonyms:appearance, outward appearance, approximation
Antonyms: back, character, concrete
Usage: “she tried to force her thoughts back into some semblance of order”
10) Clamour (Noun) – कोलाहल
Meaning: a loud and confused noise, especially that of people shouting.
Synonyms: din, racket, loud noise
Usage: “the questions rose to a clamour”
- Daily Current Affairs in English 11 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 10
- 11 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- 10 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 9
- Daily Current Affairs in English 10 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams