1) Faltering (Verb) – शक्ति या गति खोना
Meaning: lose strength or momentum.
Synonyms: hesitate, delay, drag one’s feet
Antonyms: decisive, certain, determined
Usage: “the music faltered, stopped, and started up again”
2) Galloping (Verb) – सरपटना
Meaning: progressing in a rapid and seemingly uncontrollable manner.
Synonyms: hurry, hasten, speed
Usage: “galloping inflation”
3) Floundered (Verb) – कीचड़ में तड़फड़ाना
Meaning: struggle or stagger clumsily in mud or water.
Synonyms: struggle, thrash, thresh
Antonyms:took, accomplished, achieved
Usage: “he was floundering about in the shallow offshore waters”
4) Deviant (Adjective) – विचलित
Meaning: departing from usual or accepted standards, especially in social or sexual behaviour.
Synonyms: aberrant, deviating, divergent
Antonyms: normal, orthodox
Usage: “deviant behaviour”
5) Adjourned (Verb) – निवृत्त होना
Meaning: go somewhere for rest or refreshment.
Synonyms: withdraw, retire, retreat
Antonyms: advanced, forwarded, furthered
Usage: “they adjourned to a local pub”
6) Presumed (Verb) – प्रकल्पित
Meaning: suppose that something is the case on the basis of probability.
Synonyms: assume, suppose, dare say
Antonyms: actual, known, real
Usage: “I presumed that the man had been escorted from the building”
7) Untenable (Adjective) – अस्थिर, असमर्थनीय
Meaning: not able to be maintained or defended against attack or objection.
Synonyms: indefensible, undefendable, unarguable
Antonyms: tenable, defensible
Usage: “this argument is clearly untenable”
8) Defection (Noun) – पक्षपलटा
Meaning: the desertion of one’s country or cause in favour of an opposing one.
Synonyms: desertion, absconding, decamping
Antonyms: enough, faithfulness, harmony
Usage:”his defection from the Labour Party”
9) Perfidy (Noun) – छल या कपट
Meaning: the state of being deceitful and untrustworthy.
Synonyms:treachery, duplicity, deceit
Antonyms: faithfulness, loyalty
Usage: “it was an example of his perfidy”
10) Ingenious (Adjective) – विदग्ध
Meaning: clever, original, and inventive.
Synonyms: inventive, creative, imaginative
Usage: “he was ingenious enough to overcome the limited budget”
- 22nd April 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 22nd April 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 22
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 21
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 20
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 19
31 total views, 1 views today