1) Referendum (Noun) – जनमत संग्रह
Meaning: a general vote by the electorate on a single political question which has been referred to them for a direct decision.
Synonyms: public vote, plebiscite, popular vote
Antonyms: unilateral decision
Usage: I had many such experiences at meetings and discussions in the lead-up to the referendum.
2) Legions (Noun) – विशाल संख्या
Meaning: a vast number of people or things.
Synonyms: horde, host, throng
Antonyms: few, numbered, scarce
Usage: “legions of photographers and TV cameras”
3) Dichotomy (Noun) – द्विभक्तीकरण
Meaning: a division or contrast between two things that are or are represented as being opposed or entirely different.
Synonyms: division, separation, divorce
Antonyms: oneness, openness, single
Usage: “a rigid dichotomy between science and mysticism”
4) Woes (Noun) – दुःख, संकट
Meaning: great sorrow or distress (often used hyperbolically).
Synonyms: misery, sorrow, distress
Antonyms: happiness, joy
Usage: “the Everton tale of woe continued”
5) Sway (Verb) – नियंत्रण करना
Meaning: control or influence (a person or course of action).
Synonyms: influence, affect, bias
Antonyms: powerlessness, inability, inefficiency
Usage: “he’s easily swayed by other people”
6) Brevity (Noun) – संक्षिप्तता
Meaning: concise and exact use of words in writing or speech.
Synonyms: conciseness, concision, succinctness
Antonyms: long-windedness, verbosity
Usage: “the staff will edit manuscripts with a view to brevity and clarity”
7) Notorious (Adjective) – कुख्यात
Meaning: famous or well known, typically for some bad quality or deed.
Synonyms: infamous, of ill repute, with a bad reputation/name
Antonyms: unknown, anonymous, faceless
Usage: “Los Angeles is notorious for its smog”
8) Paucity (Noun) – कमी या विरलता
Meaning: the presence of something in only small or insufficient quantities or amounts.
Synonyms: scarcity, sparseness, sparsity
Usage: “a paucity of information”
9) Gratification (Noun) – परितोषण
Meaning: pleasure, especially when gained from the satisfaction of a desire.
Synonyms: satisfaction, fulfillment, indulgence
Antonyms: dissatisfaction, discontent, discontentedness
Usage: “a thirst for sexual gratification”
10) Raucous (Adjective) – कर्कश
Meaning: making or constituting a disturbingly harsh and loud noise.
Synonyms: harsh, strident, screeching
Antonyms: soft, dulcet, peaceful
Usage: “raucous youths”
- Daily Current Affairs in English 11 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 10
- 11 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- 10 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 9
- Daily Current Affairs in English 10 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams