1) Connivance (Noun) – मिलीभगत
Meaning: willingness to allow or be secretly involved in an immoral or illegal act.
Synonyms: collusion, complicity, collaboration
Antonyms: assistance, abetment, aid
Usage: “this infringement of the law had taken place with the connivance of officials”
2) Rampage (Noun) – हिसात्मक आचरण
Meaning: a period of violent and uncontrollable behaviour by a group of people.
Synonyms: berserk, out of control, wild
Antonyms: calmness, delight, pleasure
Usage: “thugs went on the rampage and wrecked a classroom”
3) Ransacked (Verb) – तोड़फोड़ करना
Meaning: go through (a place) stealing things and causing damage.
Synonyms: plunder, pillage, steal from
Antonyms: cleaned, found, gave
Usage: “burglars ransacked her home”
4) Detained (Verb) – देर करना
Meaning: keep (someone) from proceeding by holding them back or making claims on their attention.
Synonyms: delay, hold up, make late
Antonyms: freed, lost, released
Usage: “she made to open the door, but he detained her”
5) Deployed (Verb) – तैनात करना
Meaning: move (troops or equipment) into position for military action.
Synonyms: position, station, post
Usage: “forces were deployed at strategic locations”
6) Outrageous (Adjective) – अपमानजनक
Meaning: shockingly bad or excessive.
Synonyms: shocking, disgraceful, scandalous
Antonyms: acceptable, mild, moderate
Usage: “an outrageous act of bribery”
7) Dispensation (Noun) – एक नियम या सामान्य आवश्यकता से छूट
Meaning: exemption from a rule or usual requirement.
Synonyms: exemption, immunity, exception
Antonyms: responsibility, liability, obligation
Usage: “although she was too young, she was given special dispensation to play before her birthday”
8) Reviled (Verb) – बुरा-भला कहना
Meaning: criticize in an abusive or angrily insulting manner.
Synonyms: criticize, censure, condemn
Antonyms: praise, extol
Usage: “he was now reviled by the party that he had helped to lead”
9) Ordained (Verb) – आधिकारिक तौर पर आदेश देना
Meaning: order (something) officially.
Synonyms: decree, rule, order
Antonyms: abolished, annulled, abrogated
Usage: “equal punishment was ordained for the two crimes”
10) Credence (Noun) – विश्वास या स्वीकृति
Meaning: belief in or acceptance of something as true.
Synonyms: acceptance, belief, faith
Antonyms: disbelief, discredit, distrust
Usage: “psychoanalysis finds little credence among laymen”
- Daily Current Affairs in English 11 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 10
- 11 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- 10 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 9
- Daily Current Affairs in English 10 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams