1) Plenary (Adjective) – अपरिपक्व, पूर्ण
Meaning: unqualified; absolute.
Synonyms: unconditional, unlimited, unrestricted
Antonyms: conditional, limited, qualified
Usage: “crusaders were offered a plenary indulgence by the Pope”
2) Entailed (Verb) – अपरिहार्य
Meaning: involve (something) as a necessary or inevitable part or consequence.
Synonyms: necessitate, make necessary, require
Antonyms:prevented, stopped, counteracted
Usage: “a situation which entails considerable risks”
3) Scrutiny (Noun) – संवीक्षा
Meaning: critical observation or examination.
Synonyms: careful examination, inspection, survey
Antonyms:glance, cursory look
Usage: “every aspect of local government was placed under scrutiny”
4) Dubious (Adjective) – संदिग्ध
Meaning: hesitating or doubting.
Synonyms: doubtful, uncertain, unsure
Antonyms: certain, definite
Usage: “I was rather dubious about the whole idea”
5) Probe (Noun) – जाँच-पड़ताल
Meaning: a thorough investigation into a crime or other matter.
Synonyms: investigation, inquiry, examination
Antonyms: answer, ignore, misunderstand
Usage: “a probe into city hall corruption”
6) Perpetuate (Verb) – अनिश्चित काल के लिए जारी रखना
Meaning: make (something) continue indefinitely.
Synonyms: keep alive, keep going, keep in existence
Antonyms: abolish, destroy, end
Usage: “the confusion was perpetuated through inadvertence”
7) Purported (Verb) – दावा करना
Meaning: appear to be or do something, especially falsely.
Synonyms: claim, lay claim, profess
Antonyms: known, established, proven
Usage: “she is not the person she purports to be”
8) Sinister (Adjective) – भयावह
Meaning: giving the impression that something harmful or evil is happening or will happen.
Synonyms: menacing, threatening, ominous
Antonyms: unthreatening, auspicious, benevolent
Usage:”there was something sinister about that murmuring voice”
9) Behest (Noun) – आज्ञा
Meaning: a person’s orders or command.
Synonyms:instruction, bidding, request
Antonyms: answer, question, reply
Usage: “they had assembled at his behest”
10) Inclination (Noun) – प्रवृत्ति
Meaning: a person’s natural tendency or urge to act or feel in a particular way; a disposition.
Synonyms: tendency, propensity, proclivity
Antonyms: aversion, disinclination
Usage: “John was a scientist by training and inclination”
- 22nd April 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 22nd April 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 22
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 21
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 20
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 19
22 total views, 1 views today