1) Enthuse (Verb) – उत्साही बनना
Meaning: express eager enjoyment, interest, or approval regarding something.
Synonyms: rave, be enthusiastic, gush
Antonyms: bore, deaden, dull
Usage: “they both enthused over my new look”
2) Desperation (Noun) – निराशा की स्थिति
Meaning: a state of despair, typically one which results in rash or extreme behaviour.
Synonyms: hopelessness, despair, distress
Antonyms: hope, hopefulness, advantage
Usage: “she wrote to him in desperation”
3) Devouring (Verb) – भक्षण
Meaning: destroy completely.
Synonyms: destroy, consume, engulf
Antonyms: renewing, replacing, building
Usage: “the hungry flames devoured the old house”
4) Whittled (Verb) – छांटे जाते हैं
Meaning: reduce something in size, amount, or extent by a gradual series of steps.
Synonyms: erode, wear away, eat away
Antonyms: increase, augment
Usage: “the shortlist of fifteen was whittled down to five”
5) Liability (Noun) – देयता
Meaning: the state of being legally responsible for something.
Synonyms: accountability, responsibility, legal responsibility
Usage: “once you contact the card protection scheme your liability for any loss ends”
6) Contingent (Adjective) – आकस्मिक
Meaning: subject to chance.
Synonyms: chance, accidental, fortuitous
Usage: “the contingent nature of the job”
7) Falter (Verb) – लड़खड़ाना
Meaning: lose strength or momentum.
Synonyms: hesitate, delay, drag one’s feet
Antonyms: conclude, decide, reach
Usage: “the music faltered, stopped, and started up again”
8) Pruning (Verb) – छंटाई
Meaning: reduce the extent of (something) by removing superfluous or unwanted parts.
Synonyms: reduce, cut, cut back
Antonyms: increase, enlargement, expansion
Usage: “the workforce was pruned”
9) Hog (Verb) – एकाधिकार करना
Meaning: take or use most or all of (something) in an unfair or selfish way.
Synonyms: monopolize, keep to oneself, dominate
Usage: “he never hogged the limelight”
10) Attrition (Noun) – संघर्षण
Meaning: the process of reducing something’s strength or effectiveness through sustained attack or pressure.
Synonyms: wearing down, wearing away, weakening
Antonyms: buildup, accretion, building
Usage: “the council is trying to wear down the opposition by attrition”
- Daily Current Affairs in English 11 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 10
- 11 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- 10 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 9
- Daily Current Affairs in English 10 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams