1) Prejudice (Noun) – प्रतिकूल प्रभाव
Meaning: preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.
Synonyms: preconceived idea, preconception
Antonyms: impartiality, neutrality, objectivity
Usage: “English prejudice against foreigners”
2) Creed (Noun) – पंथ
Meaning: a system of religious belief; a faith.
Synonyms: faith, religion, religious belief(s)
Antonyms: atheism, disbelief,x doubt
Usage: “people of many creeds and cultures”
3) Axiomatic (Adjective) – स्वयंसिद्ध
Meaning: self-evident or unquestionable.
Synonyms: self-evident, unquestionable, undeniable
Antonyms: misunderstood, questionable, uncertain
Usage: “it is axiomatic that dividends have to be financed”
4) Dousing (Verb) – एक तरल डालना
Meaning: pour a liquid over; drench.
Synonyms: drench, soak, souse
Antonyms: dehydrating, desiccating, drying
Usage: “he doused the car with petrol and set it on fire”
5) Primacy (Noun) – प्रधानता
Meaning: the fact of being pre-eminent or most important.
Synonyms: priority, precedence, pre-eminence
Antonyms: last place, bottom, last position
Usage: “London’s primacy as a financial centre”
6) Resilience (Noun) – लचीलाता
Meaning: the ability of a substance or object to spring back into shape; elasticity.
Synonyms: flexibility, pliability, suppleness
Antonyms: rigidity, fragility, vulnerability
Usage: “nylon is excellent in wearability, abrasion resistance and resilience”
7) Apparent (Adjective) – स्पष्ट
Meaning: clearly visible or understood; obvious.
Synonyms: evident, plain, obvious
Antonyms: unclear, obscure
Usage: “for no apparent reason she laughed”
8) Touted (Verb) – प्रशंसा करना
Meaning: attempt to persuade people of the merits of.
Synonyms: commend, endorse, praise
Antonyms: forgotten, suppressed
Usage: “she was touted as a potential Prime Minister”
9) Scrutiny (Noun) – संवीक्षा
Meaning: critical observation or examination.
Synonyms: inspection, survey, scan
Antonyms: glance, cursory look
Usage: “every aspect of local government was placed under scrutiny”
10) Amplifying (Verb) – ध्वनि की मात्रा में वृद्धि करना
Meaning: increase the volume of (sound), especially using an amplifier.
Synonyms: louden, make louder, turn up
Antonyms: reduce, quieten
Usage: “the accompanying chords have been amplified in our arrangement”
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 10
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 9
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 8
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 7
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 6
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 5