Which state is to provide free laptops to first-year-degree students in government colleges from January 12?
B. Andhra Pradesh
D. Tamil Nadu
The State government has decided to give free laptops to over a lakh student of first-grade government colleges from January 12. Chief Minister B.S. Yediyurappa will launch the free laptop distribution programme on the day of Swami Vivekananda Jayanti at the Sri Kanteerava Indoor Stadium, Bengaluru, by symbolically presenting laptops to a few students. Later, laptops will be distributed to all first-year degree students at government first-grade colleges.
Gopinath Gajapati Narayan Deo, who recently died at 76, was a famous person of which profession?
D. Social Activist
The former parliamentarian Gopinath Gajapati Narayan Deo passed away on 10 January 2020. He died due to prolonged illness. He was 76 years old.
Qaboos bin Said Al Said, who recently died at 79 was the Sultan of which country?
A. Saudi Arabia
His Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Said Al Said of Oman passed away on 10 January 2020. He was 79 years old. He was the Arab world’s longest-serving ruler. The cause of death has not been confirmed. His cousin and former culture and heritage minister Haitham bin Tariq Al Said have been sworn in as his successor.
Who is the highest-ranked Indian batsman in the latest ICC T20 Internationals players rankings?
A. Shikhar Dhawan
B. Virat Kohli
C. KL Rahul
D. Rohit Sharma
Which country has recently reported the first case from new Coronavirus?
D. North Korea
Chinese health authorities reported that a new virus implicated in a pneumonia outbreak was identified in the city of Wuhan, China. The researchers discovered that the new strain of the virus is that of the coronavirus. Coronaviruses infect the respiratory tract.
Gujarat Agro Industries Corporation is to import water-soluble fertilizers from which country?
D. Sri Lanka
The Gujarat Agro Industries Corporation (GAIC) will import water-soluble fertilizers from China. So far, the state agency has imported 300 tonnes. The GAIC agency will import, pack and sell the water-soluble fertilizers to farmers. The new fertilizers have been named AGRO.
What is the theme of the National Youth Festival 2020?
A. Youth for Digital India
B. Youth for Clean, Green and Progressive India
C. Fit Youth, Fit India
D. Indian Youth for Development, Skill and Harmony
Youth Affairs & Sports Ministry and UP Govt. jointly organized National Youth Festival in Lucknow on January 12-16. Theme: ‘Fit Youth, Fit India’
Asia’s biggest silk rolling unit to come up in which state?
B. Andhra Pradesh
C. Tamil Nadu
In yet another achievement the district headquarters has been chosen for setting up of the biggest silk rolling unit in Asia. Maharashtra-based Indo Rama Synthetics (India) Limited propose to set up the unit in Siddipet, Telangana.
Who has been re-elected as the President of Taiwan?
A. Tsai Ing-wen
B. Han Kuo-yu
C. Ko Wen-Je
D. Ma Ying-jeou
Incumbent President Tsai Ing-wen won the 2020 Taiwanese presidential election with her Democratic Progressive Party and was re-elected to a second term with 8.17 million votes (57.1 per cent). This is the first time a candidate in a Taiwanese presidential election received over 8 million votes.
What is the theme of Wings India 2020?
A. Flying for All
B. Fly High-Aim Higher
C. Fly on the Wings of Future
D. India-Global Aviation Hub
Wings India 2020 is a flagship event of Indian Civil Aviation industry which will be organized at Begumpet Airport in Hyderabad from March 12-15. The theme of this year is ‘Flying for All’.
National Youth Day is celebrated on which date?
A. 11th January
B. 12th January
C. 13th January
D. 14th January
The birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda also called Swami Vivekananda Jayanti is celebrated every year on 12 January. He was born on 12 January 1863. The government had decided to observe it as National Youth Day because the philosophy of Swamiji and the ideals for which he lived and worked could be a great source of inspiration for the Indian Youth. He had given a speech at the Parliament of the World’s Religions in Chicago and glorified India’s name.
Which of the following institutes designed room temperature Sodium Sulphur battery?
A. IIT Bombay
B. IIT New Delhi
C. IIT Kanpur
D. IIT Madras
While conventional sodium sulphur batteries require very high temperature (300 degrees C) for operation, researchers at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras have designed a new sodium sulphur battery that can be operated at room temperature.
“Sea Guardians” is a naval drill between China and which country?
D. North Korea
China and Pakistan had launched a naval drill in the North Arabian Sea called the Sea Guardians. The aim of the drill is to increase interoperability between the two navies. On January 10, 2020, India deployed its INS Vikramaditya in the North Arabian Sea where the exercise is being held.
Which state has organized programs to promote Ek Bharat Shreshth Bharat campaign?
B. Uttar Pradesh
C. Himachal Pradesh
As a measure to promote Ek Bharat Shreshth Bharat, the Uttar Pradesh State government organized various programs in the State. Many schools and colleges of the state are organizing events for the purpose.
- 10 April 2022 Current Affairs Updates in EnglishTable of Contents NationalEconomyBankingsBusinessDefenceAwardsSchemesBooks and AuthorsSportsImportant Days National AAI launches ‘AVSAR’ Scheme to provide a platform to SHGs The Airport Authority…
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month – Day 8Table of Contents EMBROIL (verb) : उलझानाANALOGOUS: अनुरूपBRAWL : विवादTACIT (adjective) : सूचितBENIGNANT: कृपालुFoster: पोषणPersistent: दृढ़Misgivings: गलतफहमीDissemination: प्रसारCuriously: कौतूहलपूर्वक EMBROIL (verb) : उलझाना Meaning: to involve in conflict…
- 10th April 2022 Current Affairs and Gk Updates in HindiTable of Contents महत्वपूर्ण तिथियाँ राष्ट्रीयआर्थिक बैंकिंग व्यवसाय रक्षा पुरस्कार योजना एवं समिति पुस्तक एवं लेखक खेल विविध महत्वपूर्ण तिथियाँ 57वां सीआरपीएफ शौर्य दिवस 2022 : 9 अप्रैल केंद्रीय…
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month – Day 7Substantive(adjective) : मूल Meaning: having a firm basis in reality and so important, meaningful, or considerable. अर्थ: वास्तविकता में एक मजबूत आधार और…
- 8th and 9th April 2022 Current Affairs Updates in EnglishTable of Contents Important DaysNational InternationalAgreementsAppointmentsDefenseBankingEconomyAwardsRanks and ReportsScience and TechnologyBooks and AuthorsMiscellaneous Important Days World Health Day 2022 Celebrates on…
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month – Day 6PRAGMATISM (noun) : व्यवहारवाद Meaning: the quality of dealing with a problem in a sensible way that suits the conditions that…