1) The World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day is observed every year on which date to commemorate the birth anniversary of the founder of Red Cross?
A) May 10
B) May 11
C) May 8
D) May 12
2) What is the theme of the World Thalassaemia Day observed annually on the 8th of May ?
A) Get connected! Share knowledge and experience and fight for a better tomorrow in thalassaemia
B) Thalassaemia past, present and future: Documenting progress and
patients’ needs worldwide
C) Give Blood, Give Life
D) The dawning of a new era for thalassaemia: Time for a global effort to make novel therapies accessible and affordable to patients
3) Iran’s currency Rial is set to get a new name and will be re-named ________ along with being re-valued.
B) New Rial
4) In which state has a Unique vehicle “Sanjeevani” been developed at the local level to investigate suspected patients without coming in contact with them ?
A) Tamil Nadu
D) Madhya Pradesh
5) Who has launched the ‘AYUSH Sanjivani ’ App and two interdisciplinary studies involving AYUSH interventions for COVID 19 ?
A) Amit Shah
B) Narendra Modi
C) Shripad Yesso Naik
D) Dr. Harsh Vardhan
6) The tenure of Dia Mirza as UNEP Goodwill Ambassador has been extended till which year ?
7) Which state/ UT has ranked on top in terms of Internet penetration according to a study by the IAMAI ?
8) According to the latest data by the CMIE, Unemployment rates have soared to _______ percent amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
9) Name the Mission launched by the Central Government to bring back stranded Indians from abroad due to the coronavirus lockdown.
A) Jai Bharat
C) Vande Bharat
D) Rescue Bharat
10) The UN has launched a $___________ billion dollar global appeal to fight the covid-19 pandemic, thereby trebling an earlier appeal made by the UN with a focus on vulnerable countries.
11) Which bank has cut its benchmark lending rate by 15 basis points and also introduced a special deposit scheme for senior citizens with a higher interest rate ?
12) IMF has approved $18 Billion in Emergency Financing for ______ Countries during the coronavirus pandemic.
13) ADB has approved $500 million for which country to bolster the efforts of the government to manage the impact of COVID-19 ?
A) Sri Lanka
D) Sri Lanka
14) What is the estimated economic growth rate of India in FY21 as per Moody’s Investors Service ?
A) 1.2 percent
B) 1 percent
C) 0.5 percent
D) 0 percent
15) Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank has decided to offer a loan of $ _______ million to aid India’s covid 19 efforts and expand its response capacity.
16) Name the IIT Delhi start-up that has developed masks which can be reused upto 50 times and complies with standards of breathability.
C) Nanoscale Solutions
D) NextGen Life Sciences
17) Who among the following will head the five member jury for awarding the JCB Prize for Literature 2020 ?
A) Deepika Sorabjee
B) Aruni Kashyap
C) Ramu Ramanathan
D) Leela Samson
18) Which Indian Cricketer has become the brand ambassador for edtech company ELSA Corporation ?
A) MS Dhoni
B) Shikhar Dhawan
C) Ajinkya Rahane
D) Virat Kohli
- 14th and 15th May 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 14th and 15th May 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: May Month– Day 15
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: May Month– Day 14
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: May Month– Day 13
- 13th May 2021 Current Affairs in English
42 total views, 2 views today