1) The International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation is observed on which date?Show Answer
It not only violates a person’s rights to health, security, physical integrity but also cruel, inhuman, right to life when procedures result in death. The theme for 2020 is “Unleashing Youth Power: One decade of accelerating actions for zero female genital mutilation.”
2) The government has set a target of installation of 100 GigaWatt solar power by the end of which year?Show Answer
He added that Grid-connected solar power capacity of over 33 thousand seven hundred megawatts has been installed in the country till 31st December last year.
3) Around ______lakh inhabited villages including gram panchayats have been covered by mobile service.Show Answer
Around four lakh nine thousand kilometre optical fibre cables have been laid down till last month and around one lakh 33 thousand gram panchayats have been made service ready.
4) Jim Bridenstine is the administrator of which organisation?Show Answer
Jim Bridenstine-Administrator, James Morhard-Deputy Administrator, Jeff DeWit-Chief Financial Officer.
5) Kirk Douglas, who passed away recently, was a famous ____.Show Answer
6) ________ number of Mega Food Parks have been sanctioned under Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana (PMKSY).Show Answer
The MoFPI is focusing on building cold chain infrastructure across the country, for seamless transfer of perishables from production to consumption areas, through the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana (PMKSY), which comprises of component schemes namely (i) Integrated Cold Chain and Value Addition Infrastructure, (ii) Mega Food Park, (iii) Creation of Backward & Forward Linkages, (iv) Creation/ Expansion of Food Processing and Preservation Capacities (v) Agro-Processing Clusters and (vi) Operation Greens.
7) The Prime Minister of which country will undertake a four-day visit to India to undertake talks on areas like trade, defence and security?Show Answer
He will have meetings with President Ram Nath Kovind, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar.
8) Who is the chairperson of SBI?Show Answer
9) Which company has signed a first term contract for importing Russian crude oil?Show Answer
IOC signed the contract to import up to 2 million tonnes of Urals grade crude oil from Rosneft of Russia. India is 83 per cent dependent on imports to meet its oil needs. Two-thirds of the imports come from the Middle East, Iraq being the biggest supplier followed by Saudi Arabia.
10) The RBI has kept repo rate at ______ per cent in its 6th Bi-monthly Monetary Policy 2019-20.Show Answer
All six members of the MPC voted in favour of maintaining the status quo on monetary policy, which was in line with economists’ expectations.
The repo rate – or the interest rate at which the RBI lends short-term funds to commercial banks – was left steady at 5.15 per cent, the lowest level recorded in more than nine years.
The Monetary Policy Committee decided to continue with an “accommodative” policy stance “as long as it is necessary to revive growth while ensuring that inflation remains within the target”.
All six members of the Monetary Policy Committee voted in favour of maintaining the status quo on the policy.
11) Which bank has cut the MCLR by 5 basis points across tenors effective from February 10?Show Answer
With this reduction, the one-year MCLR has come down to 7.85 per cent per annum from 7.90 per cent.
12) Which company will create the world’s biggest ATM network in India by the end of 2020?Show Answer
The service—billed as India’s first and world’s largest—enables neighbourhood stores to act as ATMs for PhonePe users. It had a pilot run in Delhi-NCR and is now being rolled out across 500,000 shops in 300 cities.
The PhonePe app to locate shops offering the ATM service and then click the “withdraw” button to transfer an amount to the merchant. Once the amount is transferred, the merchant gives the customer cash equal to the amount transferred. PhonePe will not charge for the service and it has set a withdrawal limit of Rs 1,000 for now.
13) Ekana International Stadium is located in which state?Show Answer
14) AIIB will lend _______ billion to Andhra Pradesh for development projects.Show Answer
Reddy told AIIB officials that his government intended to utilise these funds to construct ports at Bhavanapadu and Machilipatnam in Srikakulam and Krishna districts, respectively, apart from other infrastructure projects in the state.
15) NABARD has estimated the credit potential of Rs 34,421 Crore for which state?Show Answer
The State Focus Paper (SFP) that was released by Panchayat and Rural Development Minister T S Singhdeo at the state credit seminar noted that the theme for the financial year 2020-21 had been “Hi-tech agriculture practices.”
NABARD Chief General Manager M Soren informed that the total credit potential for Chhattisgarh for the financial year 2020-21 is Rs 3977.59 crore ahead of previous year’s projection of Rs 30443.79 crore.
The highlight of the credit potential for the total agriculture sector for 2020-21 is projected at Rs 19579.13 crore, of which an amount of Rs 13227.37 crore has been assessed under crop production, maintenance and marketing.
16) The government of which state has planned the usage of drones for mapping villages?Show Answer
The drone technology will be used for the first time to make maps in the state. 55 thousand villages of the state have been selected for mapping. Now, the map of the population area will be made on a scale of 1: 500, which will give a clearer picture of the population area.
17) Duleep Trophy is related to which sport?Show Answer
18) Who will inaugurate an 11-km stretch of elevated Hyderabad Metro Rail?Show Answer
Managing Director NVS Reddy informed that the total operational length of the Hyderabad Metro will become 69 kilometres.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi had inaugurated the project by dedicating the Miyapur and Nagole stretch to people in November 2017. Another stretch of Hyderabad Metro between Ameerpet to LB Nagar was commissioned in September 2018.
19) LinkedIn chief executive ________ has been stepped down from the position after 11 years of service.Show Answer
Ryan Roslansky, Senior Vice President of Linkedin will become the CEO of the company as of June 1.
20) Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray has presented an award to whom for his contribution to journalism?Show Answer
Raikar, currently consulting editor of Lokmat group, was conferred with the lifetime achievement award instituted by the Mantralaya and Vidhimandal Vartahar Sangh.
21) Who has been awarded the International Gandhi Award for Leprosy for the year 2019?Show Answer
The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, presented the International Gandhi Awards for Leprosy for the year 2019 to Dr N.S. Dharmashaktu under the Indian nomination (individual) category and the Leprosy Mission Trust under the institutional category on February 6, 2020, New Delhi.
The annual award has been instituted by Gandhi Memorial Leprosy Foundation to recognise the work of individuals and organisations who have worked tirelessly to fight this disease and the prejudices associated with it.
22) Who is all set to receive the Mystic Kalinga Literary Award?Show Answer
Currently teaching English literature and Philosophy at the Sri Aurobindo International University in Puducherry, the bilingual writer was recently conferred Padma Bhushan, the country’s third-highest civilian award for his contribution in the field of literature and education.
The award will be presented during the two-day 4th Mystic Kalinga Festival of verse, music, dance and discussion at Swosti Premium Bhubaneswar.
23) Which institution has ranked the third in MOOC performance among B-Schools globally?Show Answer
This was the maiden ranking for business schools globally who are offering MOOCs (massive online open courses) courses. HEC Paris (France) and Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania (USA) have secured the first and second rank respectively.
Sixteen business schools across the world offering open online courses on the three MOOC platforms – Coursera, edX and FutureLearn – were ranked in the MoocLab’s Business School Rankings 2020.
24) DefExpo 2020 has adopted the __________ at the India-Africa Defence Conclave at the event.Show Answer
The ‘Lucknow Declaration’ recalled the Indian contribution to defence and security in the African continent and states that terrorism is a major threat in the region.
Addressing the conclave Defence Minister Shri Rajnath Singh said that India is an all-weather friend of Africa and Africa is at the top of India’s priorities. 14 MoUs had been signed between India and Russia which will pave way for the production of different Russian defence equipment in India.
- Daily Current Affairs in English 11 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive ExamsImportant Days World Suicide Prevention Day observed on 10th September…
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 10HISTRIONIC (noun) : नाटकीय Meaning: melodramatic behavior designed to attract attention.…
- 11 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्णमहत्वपूर्ण दिवस विश्व आत्महत्या रोकथाम दिवस: 10 सितंबर विश्व आत्महत्या…
- 10 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्णमहत्वपूर्ण दिवस शिक्षा को हमले से बचाने के लिए अंतर्राष्ट्रीय…
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 9FETTER(Noun) : बंधन Meaning: confine or restrict (someone). अर्थ: सीमित या…