World Tuberculosis (TB) Day is observed globally on 24th March every year to raise public awareness about the devastating health, social and economic consequences of TB, and to step up efforts to end the global TB epidemic. The theme of World TB Day 2020 is ‘It’s time’.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- TB is a disease which in humans is usually caused by bacteria called Mycobacterium tuberculosis (M. tuberculosis).
- Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus is the WHO’s Director-General.
- WHO Headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland.
National Current Affairs Headlines
- Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation also know as CDSCO has now given their approval to the COVID-19 diagnostic test kit made by Mylab Discovery Solutions Pvt Ltd which is also known as the Reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) test. This COVID-19 test kit becomes the first ‘Made in India’ COVID19 Test Kit to get the CDSCO approval.
- The Election Commission of India has deferred the Rajya Sabha elections amid rising risk of rapidly spreading coronavirus pandemic. Elections to 18 seats of Rajya Sabha were scheduled to be held on 26 March 2020.
- Indian Oil Corporations now becomes 1st company to begin the supply of BS-VI fuel across its 28,000 petrol pumps in India. Now you guys might be thinking that what is BS-VI Fuel. So, let me inform you that BS stands for Bharat Stage and BS-VI Fuel is the world’s cleanest fuel containing just 10 parts per million of sulphur.
International Current Affairs Headlines
- After COVID-19 crisis every country facing the pandemic situation and for the reason, Canada has become the first country in the world to withdraw from the Tokyo 2020 Olympics.
State Current Affairs Headlines
- Taser Gun (also known as an electric gun to give shock) now the same gun will be used by Gujrat Police. By introducing taser gun by the police department of Gujrat Police they become 1st Police department in India to use taser guns. The idea behind using this gun is to ensure public safety and security.
- Chief Minister of Gujarat: Vijay Rupani
- Governor of Gujarat: Acharya Dev Vrat.
- For the fourth time, Mr Shivraj Singh Chouhan takes oath as the Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh. Former Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh Kamal Nath resigned just before the Supreme Court’s deadline to prove his majority in a trust vote.
Economy and Business Current Affairs Headlines
- To avoid the spread of the coronavirus Ms Nirmala Sitharaman (Union Minister of Finance) announced that cash withdrawal from other bank ATMs and penalties for non-maintenance of minimum balance in bank savings accounts have been waived for 3 months.
- Enkasu (In English My Cash) a new featured card launched by the Karur Vysya Bank. The card functions on Near Field Communication Technology (NFC) in a semi closed-loop & the customers buying this card can make ‘tap & go’ payments for even small purchases to merchants from an amount of Rs. 1 to doing away with the need for cash & small change.
- Mukesh Dhirubhai Ambani always comes out whenever nation needs him and this time Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) has set up India’s first COVID-19 dedicated hospital in Mumbai. With the collaboration of Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC), Reliance Foundation opens this hospital.