Civil Services Day celebrated by India on 21st April
- The Civil Services Day is celebrated by the Government of India on 21st April every year to commemorate the address of the first Home Minister of Independent India, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel to the probationers of Administrative Services Officers in 1947 at Metcalf House, Delhi. The first time this day was celebrated on 21 April 2006.
National Current Affairs Headlines
Supreme Court recommended New chief justices recommended for Bombay, Meghalaya & Orissa High Courts
- New Chief Justices for the Bombay, Orissa and Meghalaya High Courts (HC) have been recommended by the Supreme Court (SC) Collegium led by the chief justice of India, Sharad Arvind Bobde.
|1||Dipankar Datta||Bombay High Court|
|2||Biswanath Somadder||Meghalaya High Court|
|3||Mohammad Rafiq||Orissa High Court|
- Justice Dipankar Datta is presently a judge at the Calcutta High Court. He will replace the current Chief Justice of the Bombay High Court Bhushan Dharmadhikari.
- Justice Biswanath Somadder is presently a judge at the Allahabad High Court. He will replace Mohammad Rafiq.
- Justice Mohammad Rafiq is presently a Judge at the Meghalaya High Court. He will replace Sanju Panda as Chief Justice of Orissa High Court.
Useful Notes for all competitive exams:
- Justice Sharad Arvind Bobde took oath as the 47th Chief Justice of India.
- Supreme Court established: 28th January 1950.
States Current Affairs Headlines
“e-sanjeevani-opd” a free medicine service launched by Himachal Pradesh
- The Himachal Pradesh Health Department has come up with a unique idea of providing free online medical consultation to sick people at their residence through e-sanjeevani-opd.
- This free online health service has been started throughout the state and now people can consult to take health advice from the doctors of different medical colleges from 9:30 AM to 4:00 PM on all working days.
Useful Notes for all competitive exams:
- Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh: Jairam Thakur; Governor: Bandaru Dattatraya.
Border Roads Organisation constructed Daporijo Bridge
- A 430 feet long bailey “Daporijo bridge” over the Subansiri River has been constructed by Border Roads Organisation in Arunachal Pradesh’s Upper Subansiri district. It will help to supplies goods and other material for 451 villages and approximately 3,000 security force personnel deployed along the India-China border.
International Current Affairs Headlines
India approves USD 1 million to Antigua as project outlay
- India has approved USD 1 million to Antigua as project outlay, with immediate assistance of USD 1,50,000 for medical equipment to fight against coronavirus crisis.
- India announced that it will send hydroxychloroquine to 55 nations to fight COVID19 including Kazakhstan.
Economy and Business Headlines
Voice banking services launched by ICICI Bank
- ICICI Bank has launched voice banking services on Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant to provide better user experience for its customers. It will enable customers to #BankWithTheirVoice and get answers to banking queries, check account balance & transactions, credit card due date and more. They use an omnichannel bot called iPal to allow users to interact with virtual assistants on Alexa or Google Assistant-powered devices.
USeful Notes for all competitive exams:
- Managing Director & CEO of ICICI Bank: Sandeep Bakhshi.
- ICICI Bank Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra.
Summit & Conferences Headlines
- Union Minister of Finance & Corporate Affairs, Nirmala Sitharaman represented India in the 5th Annual Meeting of Board of Governors of New Development Bank which was held through video-conference. During the meeting, she lauded the efforts made by New Development Bank in establishing itself as a credible Global Financial Institution, living up to its mandate successfully by taking more sustainable and inclusive measures. The New Development Bank was formed in 2014 by the BRICS countries i.e. Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.
- Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc has won the Formula One Esports Chinese Virtual Grand Prix championship. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Formula 1 has announced new F1 Esports Virtual Grand Prix series. The virtual races will run instead of each delayed Grand Prix.
- 23rd July 2021 Current Affairs in English
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: July Month– Day 23
- 23rd July 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- 21st & 22nd July 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 21st & 22nd July 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: July Month– Day 22
119 total views, 1 views today