The International Day of Human Space Flight 2020 observed globally on April 12 every year. The UN General Assembly passed a resolution on April 7, 2011, had declared April 12 to be celebrated as International Day of Human Space Flight.
Useful Notes for all competitive exams:
- United Nations Headquarters inNew York, USA.
- It was founded on 24 October 1945.
- Mr Antonio Guterres of Portugal is the Secretary-General of the United Nations.
National Current Affairs Headlines
- To monitor and record the efforts and initiatives of the Ministry of HRD, Ministry for Human Resource Development has launched a new web-portal called as YUKTI (Young India Combating COVID with Knowledge, Technology and Innovation) in New Delhi. The idea behind to launch this online portal to check and cover all the different dimensions of COVID-19 challenges in a comprehensive and holistic way.
- Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) has developed a double layered Khadi mask in order to curb the spread of COVID-19. KVIC has also bagged large orders for the supply of double layered Khadi mask in large quantities.
- To follow the rules of lockdown and to protect everyone from COVID-19 University Grants Commission (UGC) has constituted a committee to promote online learning. Mr DP Singh, UGC Chairman declared it has also formed a committee to look after the examinations and academic calendar in the present circumstances.
- Suraksha Stores a retails shop chain which is introduced by the government of India. GOI plans to set up a chain of 20 lakh retail shops across India. These ‘Suraksha Stores’ will provide daily essentials to citizens while maintaining stringent safety norms in the wake of COVID-19.
International Current Affairs Headlines
- Managing Director of International Monetary Fund (IMF), Kristalina Georgieva has named a group of prominent individuals to serve as her new External Advisory Group which includes former RBI governor, Raghuram Rajan and others to its new External Advisory Group. Raghuram Rajan was the RBI governor for three years and presently working as a professor at the prestigious University of Chicago.
Important Notes for all competitive exams:
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) is an organization of 189 countries.
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Headquarters: Washington DC, United States.
- International Monetary Fund (IMF): 27 December 1945.
- Apple and Google have announced that this two huge organisation will work together to enable the use of Bluetooth technology to help governments and health agencies to reduce the spread of the new coronavirus, with user privacy and security central to the design.
- Apple and Google are launching a comprehensive solution that includes application programming interfaces (APIs) and operating system-level technology to assist in enabling contact tracing.
States Current Affairs Headlines
- Manipur Government starts a new initiative named as “Food Bank” in view of the threat of Coronavirus disease (COVID-19). The aim behind staring such a good initiative is to provide free food to the poor and needy who face scarcity of essential commodities due to the long statewide lockdown.
Useful Notes for all competitive exams:
- Manipur Chief Minister: N. Biren Singh.
- Governor of Manipur: Najma Heptulla.
- India’s oldest National Park Jim Corbett, situated in Pauri Garhwal, Uttarakhand has built isolation wards for animals.
Business Current Affairs Headlines
Andhra Pradesh Government now going to provide “Letter of Award” (LoA) to GMR Airports Limited for the development of greenfield international airport at Bhogapuram.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh: YS Jagan Mohan Reddy.
- Governor of Andhra Pradesh: Biswa Bhusan Harichandan.
- British Comedian Tim Brooke-Taylor has passed away due to novel coronavirus.
- Motor-racing driver, Sir Stirling Moss has passed away. Moss was widely regarded as the greatest driver never to win the Formula One drivers’ world championship.
- Former England and Chelsea goalkeeper Peter Bonetti passed away. He was part of England’s 1966 World Cup-winning team but never played throughout the tournament.
- 10 April 2022 Current Affairs Updates in English
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month – Day 8
- 10th April 2022 Current Affairs and Gk Updates in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month – Day 7
- 8th and 9th April 2022 Current Affairs Updates in English
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month – Day 6