- Celebrated annually on April 11th, National Pet Day is a day to commemorate everything that our pets do for us on a daily basis.
- To raise awareness about the proper healthcare of women and maternity facilities to pregnant and lactating women National Safe Motherhood Day (NSMD) is observed annually on 11 April.
National Current Affairs Headlines
- ‘Bharat Padhe Online’ an online campaign which is launched by The Union Minister of Human Resource Development Ramesh Pokhriyal for improving online education ecosystem of India. The basic idea to launch this online portal to gain maximum numbers of the idea to make better online education system environment.
- Ideas can be shared on email@example.com and on twitter by using #BharatPadheOnline till 16th April 2020.
- According to the report of National Commission for Women, during the lockdown period domestic violence cases continuously increasing. To prevent such situation, NCM launched new WhatsApp number 7217735372.
- Chief Minister of Goa Pramod Sawant declared that Goa would be the first state to treat COVID-19 positive patients with allopathy and Ayurveda to boost their immunity, as per media reports.
- The Jammu and Kashmir Government has released 183 crores to benefit the underprivileged, wage-seeking households under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MNREGA), according to media reports.
Banking and Economy Current Affairs Headlines
- The Reserve Bank of India launched a twitter campaign urging bank customers to adopt digital modes of payment that are convenient and safe. RBI emphasised on transacting digitally as it gives the convenience of making payments anytime and anywhere. Through the campaign, RBI reiterated the multiple digital payment options such as NEFT, IMPS, UPI and BBPS that are available 24*7. The face of the campaign is Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan.
- To help customers for not facing any cash crisis during Coronavirus lockdown, the ICICI Bank has started deploying mobile ATM vans. Initially, ICICI Bank has introduced mobile ATM vans in NCR Delhi and Chennai and soon ICICI going to introduce the same service in Mumbai, Noida and various districts of Uttar Pradesh.
- Jana Small Finance Bank has launched “DigiGen” a digital banking platform where customers can digitally open a savings account and fixed deposit instantly, any time, anywhere.
- Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) has been nominated by the Centre for the collection of funds for the Coronavirus outbreak. The funds will be assigned to the Prime Minister’s Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations (PM Cares) Fund.
Agreements/MoUs Current Affairs Headlines
- Bharat Biotech in tie-up with the US-based company FluGen and University of Wisconsin Madison to develop a vaccine named “Coro-Flu” to fight against COVID-19. CoroFlu will build on the backbone of FluGen’s flu vaccine candidate known as M2SR.
Sports Current Affairs Headlines
India football team retained its 108th spot in the latest FIFA rankings.
Belgium and France retained their first and second positions respectively in the latest rankings. Brazil is on the third place followed by England.
Former South Africa spinner and Zimbabwe selector, John Harcourt du Preez has passed away at the age of 77 after a prolonged illness.
As the world grapples with the coronavirus crisis, the USA fencing decided to postpone the 2020 USA Fencing National Championships to late July or early August (2020) in order to protect the health of coaches, tournament staff and spectators.