- Every year last day of the Feb month know as World Rare Disease Day. It was first launched by Eurordis in 2008. It aims to create awareness about the impacts of the disease.
- Mar 1st, also know as Zero Discrimination Day highlights how people can become informed about and promote inclusion, compassion, peace and, above all, a movement for change.
National Current Affairs Headlines
- India’s President Mr Ram Nath Kovind gave permission to restart the delimitation exercise in Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, and Nagaland. Basically in this delimitation exercise, delimitation commission readjusts the division of each state and union territory into territorial constituencies for the purpose of Lok Sabha and state assembly elections on the basis of census figures of 2001.
- Till now approx 4-times delimitation act has been constituted – 1952 under the Delimitation Commission Act, 1952, in 1963 under Delimitation Commission Act, 1962, in 1973 under Delimitation Act, 1972 and in 2002 under Delimitation Act, 2002.
- Presiding over the inauguration of the National Security Guard (NSG) Regional Hub campus at Kolkata Union Minister for Home Affairs, Shri Amit Shah termed this as an important step in the direction of giving adequate facilities to the brave NSG jawans, which are important for them to function unhindered in ensuring the security of the Nation.
- ‘Suposhit Maa Abhiyaan’ launched by Om Birla (Speaker of Lok Sabha). The idea behind launching this is to encourage a society that they should also come forward to remove malnutrition problems in the country.
- Bihar Police Swabhiman Vahini also India’s first tribal women battalion raises by Bihar Govt. According to the report, there are 675 women in the battalion. The passing out parade of this battalion was held at Patna’s Mithilesh stadium. The parade was headed by a woman constable Karuna Hansdah belonging to the Tharu tribe.
Business and Economy Current Affairs Headlines
- According to the data, this year in the month of Feb the total collection of GST taxes crosses 1Lakh crore which is 8 per cent more if we compare the same month from last year. Finance Ministry stated, during the month of February, the GST revenue from domestic transactions has shown a growth of 12 per cent over the revenue during the month of February last year.
- Indian Govt confirmed to invest Rs. 200 crore in Industrial Finance Corporation of India (IFCI). IFCI, previously Industrial Finance Corporation of India, is a Non-Banking Finance Company in the public sector. Established in 1948 as a statutory corporation, IFCI is currently a company listed on BSE and NSE. IFCI has seven subsidiaries and one associate.
- The Minister of State for Environment, Forest & Climate Change, Mr Babul Supriyo shows a great example to use old train coaches by converting them to the restaurant. In a recent event in Asansol, West Bengal Mr Babul launches the first Restaurant on Wheels at the circulating area of Asansol railway station for the use of passengers as well as the general public of Asansol.
Appointments & Resignation Headlines
- Ajay Tyagi will continue to be the head of India’s capital and commodities markets regulator the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) for another six months.
- Muhyiddin Yasin new prime minister of Malaysia took oath in swearing-in ceremony which was held at the national palace in Kuala Lumpur.
Defence Current Affairs Headlines
- India signs a $3-billion defence deal related to the acquisition of Seahawk multi-role helicopters for the Indian Navy and Apache attack helicopters for the Army, the Indian Navy has announced that 24 MH-60R multi-role helicopters (MRH) will be procured under the Buy (Global) category through Foreign Military Sales. A contract for the MRH was signed on February 25.
Sports Current Affairs Headlines
- Rafael Nadal wins Mexican Open title after beating Taylor Fritz.
- Novak Djokovic beats Stefanos Tsitsipas to lift fifth Dubai Championships title.