- By the Ministry of Science & Technology, 14 scientists awarded as with a Swarna Jayanti Fellowships for 2018-19.
- In the field of Disaster Management, a new award called Subhash Chandra Bose Award launches by the Home Minister Mr Amit Shah
- ISRO: as per report India’s second space centre is going to open soon in Thoothukudi district of Tamil Nadu. Before this India only have one spaceport which is Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh.
- National Medical Commission now finally get their first chairman after the recently appointing of Professor Suresh Chandra Sharma.
- An integrated helpline number “139” finally launched by the Indian Railway for passengers. This helpline no is available in approx 12 languages. Hopefully from now onwards any Indians who are travelling through Indian Railway will get easily responses to their query as the helpline no 139 will take over all the existing helpline numbers.
- India’s Home Minster Mr Amit Shah inaugurates the new campus of NFSC ( National Fire Service College ) in Nagpur. Mr Amit Shah the Home Minister of India also lays the foundation stone for the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) Academy which will be established in Nagpur. In the field of Disaster Management, approx 5000 personnel will be trained in every academy year.
- A great initiative by Uttar Pradesh Govt as UPSRTC ( Uttar Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation ) launched the helpline number especially for women safety purpose called as “Damini”. A woman can either call in this number or send a message through WhatsApp if in case of any trouble.
- UP Govt provide the number which is ” 81142-77777 ” and the same is handled by UPSRTC. Any women can all in this number between 9 am to 6 pm and after 6 pm they can use 1800-180-2877.
- After renaming the metro station name from Race Course to Lok Kalyan Marg this time Delhi govt has decided to change the name of Pragati Maidan Metro Station to Supreme Court metro station.
- After a great initiative effort from Uttar Pradesh, Maharastra Govt also decided to launch the “Cyber Safe Women” under which the govt will teach and educate women about how the web is used by anti-social elements and child predators to commit various types of crimes.
- Palau, Pacific island becomes world’s first country to completely ban the sun cream as it is harmful to corals and sea life.
- Hillary Clinton who is former US Sectary of State now appointed as the new chancellor of Queen’s University in Belfast, Ireland. Clinton
- New South Wales state of Australia is now Emergency declared because of the forest fires.
- Qantas Airways Ltd was named safest airline in the world on a top-20 list published by AirlineRatings.com. According to the same source, Air New Zealand Ltd and Taiwan’s Eva Airways Corp are in second and third place respectively.
- Public Provident Fund also majorly known as PPF and the other small savings scheme will have same interest rate for the June quarter.
- Mr Prime Minister gives the 3rd instalment Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi of Rs 2000 for the period Dec 19 to Mar 20. The same will benefit approximately 6 crore beneficiaries. Furthermore, Mr Prime Minister will also provide Kisan Credit Cards (KCC) to select farmers of Karnataka
AWARDS, CONFERENCE & SPORTS
The 5th Ice Hockey Association of India (IHAI) National Ice Hockey Championship -2020 has begun in Leh.
MS Dhoni picked as a captain of ODI and T20 teams of the decade by ESPNCricinfo, while Virat Kohli picked as a Tests captain of the decade.
In the upcoming month of Mar 2020, India is going to host the 36th International Geological Congress, which aimed at the development of Earth Sciences, in the National Capital Region (NCR).
14th Global Healthcare Summit is now decided to held in Visakhapatnam, Vizag. In the Healthcare Summit, approx 500 doctors will from the US, Australia, Britain and other countries. The reason behind doing this is to focus on the global impact and India’s contribution in providing cost-effective medicines and addressing the shortage of healthcare professionals.