Dear reader, this comprehension test series will help you to crack various competitive exams like Bank Clerk, RRB, SSC etc. Please read the below comprehension care to proceed with the questions. Thanks for being here and good luck with your exams.
Direction to Solve
I felt the wall of the tunnel shiver. The master alarm squealed through my earphones. Almost simultaneously, Jack yelled down to me that there was a warning light on. Fleeting but spectacular sights snapped into and out of view, the snow, the shower of debris, the moon, looming close and big, the dazzling sunshine for once unfiltered by layers of air. The last twelve hours before re-entry were particular bone-chilling. During this period, I had to go up into the command module. Even after the fiery re-entry splashing down in 81o water in south pacific, we could still see our frosty breath inside the command module.
1) The word ‘Command Module’ used twice in the given passage indicates perhaps that it deals with
A. an alarming journey
B. a commanding situation
C. a journey into outer space
D. a frightful battle.
2) Which one of the following reasons would one consider as more as possible for the warning lights to be on?
A. There was a shower of debris.
B. Jack was yelling.
C. A catastrophe was imminent.
D. The moon was looming close and big.
3) The statement that the dazzling sunshine was “for once unfiltered by layers of air” means
A. that the sun was very hot
B. that there was no strong wind
C. that the air was unpolluted
D. none of above
- Daily Current Affairs in English 11 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 10
- 11 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- 10 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 9
- Daily Current Affairs in English 10 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams