The Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology has declared that “59 Chinese mobile apps are banned by Government of India”, which are prejudicial to sovereignty and integrity of India, defence of India, the security of the state and public order”.
The Ministry of Information Technology, summoning it’s power under section 69A of the Information Technology Act read with the relevant provisions of the Information Technology (Procedure and Safeguards for Blocking of Access of Information by Public) Rules 2009 and in view of the emergent nature of threats has decided to block 59 apps.
Reason Behind India Bans 59 Chinese mobile apps
The Ministry of Information Technology has got many criticisms from various sources including several reports about the misuse of some mobile apps available on Android and iOS platforms for cheating and secretly transmitting users’ data in an unlawful way to servers which have positions outside India. The compilation of these data, its mining and profiling by elements hostile to national security and defence of India, which ultimately impinges upon the sovereignty and integrity of India, is a matter of very deep and immediate concern which requires emergency measures.
The complete list of 59 Chinese App Banned in India is given below:
|S.no||Chinese Mobile Applications|
|7.||Clash of Kings|
|8.||DU battery saver|
|31.||Mi Video Call – Xiaomi|
|33.||ES File Explorer|
|34.||Viva Video – QU Video Inc|
|37.||New Video Status|
|40.||Cache Cleaner DU App studio|
|43.||Hago Play With New Friends|
|45.||Clean Master – Cheetah Mobile|
|54.||QQ Security Center|
|57.||V fly Status Video|
Useful Notes for all competitive exams:
- Union Minister of Electronics and IT: Ravi Shankar Prasad.
- Union Minister of State in the Ministry of Electronics and IT: Dhotre Sanjay Shamrao.
- Daily Current Affairs in English 11 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 10
- 11 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- 10 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 9
- Daily Current Affairs in English 10 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams